Magento, the new generation
of e-commerce solutions
Magento is the latest addition to the world of open source e-commerce solutions. Developed by the American SSII Varien, Magento is part of a new generation of professional open source solutions.
Despite it's late arrival on the market, Magento is fast becoming the main e-commerce solution. Three major strengths account for the widespread use of this solution: rare feature richness, exemplary ergonomics and state of the art techical design.
Magento contains all the features you would expect a professional solution to contain:
- Advanced and unlimited categorisation to structure your catalogue
- Identification of product families with their own, customisable characteristics
- Management of configurable products (choice of colour or size of a t-shirt for example)
- Cross-selling and up-selling functionality.
- Powerful promotions engine (management of sales, discounts and promotions depending on the items in the basket)
- Management of many stores
- Advanced management of currencies, VAT rate and delivery costs
- Email management
- CMS module for easily integrating editorial content into the store
- Supports the main payment providers (Paypal, SIPS, OGONE etc.)
- Invoice and credit management
- Numerous statistics (average basket contents, transformation rate, most viewed products etc.)
- DataFlow Module for easily importing/exporting from your catalogue or customer files to external data sources (CRM, ERP, price comparison sites, etc.)
In addition to these great features, Magento distinguishes itself from the competition with its community aspect:
- 'Wishlist' management for creating a list of products you would like that you can then share with your friends and family
- Users can make notes or comment on products and provide a vast array of key words to identify products in the catalogue
- Gift message management
- Product comparison
An array of features for enhancing and modernising your catalogue.
The key strength of Magento is the successful combination of this feature richness with extremely simple and intuitive ergonomics. The administration interface is a top model in the field: all features are split into business areas and are designed to be used by non IT experts. Everything possible has been done to make it easy to manage your online store on a daily basis.
Based on a PHP5/MySQL structuring and relying on a Zend framework, Magento is state of the art and scalable. It's modular design enables you to adapt or override existing features without compromising the maintainability of the tool.
Magento is a professonal, robust solution that is constantly being developed. It's very dynamic community is continually increasing. Smile is currently a Gold Partner of Magento's and has excellent technical understanding of the tool in order to meet the specific requirements of your e-commerce sites.